Sunday, April 11

Green Flowers

I love how flowers can really bring a room to life - I think the same thing is true for a party.... here are a few inspiration pics with small green flowers (ummm... don't ask me their real name ;o)

Take a square piece of floral foam and fill it up with the same colored flower, tie with a bow - how simple!? It would look beautiful on a table and even make a great hostess gift.  What if you piled up a few of different sizes and colors together - fab! Source

I love this idea not only as a decoration but as a gift.  Giving someone a baking pan or serving dish and filling it with fresh flowers - after the flowers are dead, they are left with a useful gift! Source (unknown)

This is a beautiful corsage... but what if you did a long one and used it to tie up a gift with or on a basket! Or tied them around the chair top or railing post or tie back your curtains for a beautiful touch during the party - go crazy! Pick a low cost flower and just pepper in ones that may run you a bit more.  Source

For a simple, yet beautiful touch, add one to a place card.  Simple cut out a circle (use a bowl to trace if need be), use a hole punch to punch a hole at the top and insert a single bud.  Source

(not a real flower, buy hey - it's green!) Take clear swizzle sticks & floral tape (find at local craft store). Cut a bud with a little bit of stem - hold the stem against the swizzle stick and wrap the floral tape around to hold it on.  The trick to floral tape is wrap it like an ace bandage pulling slightly as you wrap to ensure it adheres.  Or, like shown, you can make paper ones! Source and Tutorial

14 comments:

  1. I love the plethora of ideas you post on this blog! I'm using some as inspiration for my future products! LOVE it and can't wait til you open your Frost Me Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Im currently obsessing with the green flowers trend, oh and have you seen purses made out of similar flowers? Yeah, new trend for bridesmaids, moms to be, etc. instead of traditional flower arrangements. I freakin love how the flowers in these pics look sort of like plush buttons. Cute! Now I just need an excuse to use them on something or someone.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!

    Dez - can't wait to see what you make!
    LeJess - my garden party is in Aug and my bday in Oct - feel free to make them for me ;o) heehee

    hugs
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim- my daughter's Garden Bug birthday party is in August! Any chance of sharing some of your fabulous ideas?

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elaine!

    I love the theme! Drop me your email address

    hugs
    Kim @ Frost Me!
    kim.frostmeblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers in the baking pan. Totally gorge presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these happy little flowers, button mums btw :) My mom was a florist my whole life. I used some in my wedding. They are such cheery little buds. Thanks for the great images and ideas as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! Would be nice for a summer get together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good post. Love all of the information that you provide. Keep up the fabulous work

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE green kermit mums! These little green flowers can be used in so many creative ways - thanks for all of the inspiration!

    Morgan@PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kim ~I've truly missed my visits, but little by little I'm making my way back.
    Although last month was difficult with our loses a new month has brought new hope.
    I poured myself a cup of tea and read a spell...
    This reminds me of an Easter tablescape I saw, where eggs (of your choice) were hidden in this type of centerpiece. What a delightful egg hunt for your guests, before the entree is served.

    I'm so excited to see spring blooms popping up. I look forward to applying the inspirational palette of colors into a few DIY decorations and gifts, with a little baking/cooking in between.
    Don't you love the aroma that fills the air during this season?
    It's definitely invigorating.

    Stroll by for a visit, your company will be nice.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. they're kermit mums- we used them for my daughters wedding and they were gorgeous!

    http://paperflora2.blogspot.com/2010/03/official-wedding-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad everyone is digging on them! I want to use some in my wedding next year too! Thanks for those that let me know what kind of flowers they are!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love green mums! I used them for my wedding and for my friend's baby shower! I will have to send you some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!