Thursday, February 20

Under the Sea/Aquarium Party Ideas and Inspiration

I am obviously still on my blog when I can schedule ;o)  I finally took a few days off my day job - first time really since I have been back from maternity leave! We went to the aquarium and it was so much fun! My little guy (9 months tomorrow, can you believe it?!) had a blast - he spent the whole time trying to catch the fish (through the tank walls of course)

...so our little trip made me think of having an under the sea party! Don't forget about older, but still fresh!, Frosting for a Sea party here (link)

One of my son's favorite things were the jellyfish! He giggled as he watched them move! These lantern jellyfish would be not only fun pops of color, but would be a great alternative to balloons to fill the room! Source and tutorial 








Our aquarium has a famous one arm turtle! I remember him from when I was a kid and it's kind of fun that my son will now grow up watching him! These turtles are not only adorable, but will be delicious! Source and tutorial








You can't have this theme without lots of fish! I know we spent most of the trip going "fishy fishy fishy" or making the fish face (yes, I am sure we got lots of stares!).  These balloon "water drops" & "fish" are adorable! And you can hang them, so no helium prices ;o)  Source






Don't forget to get fun with what you serve! Use a blue drink and mark it "ocean water", serve fish sticks, gold fish & potato chips could be "fish and chips", use a cookie cutter to "chomp" off the edges of sandwiches or cheese, etc to look like shark bites! pic Source  















  Photobucket
Pin It