Tuesday, March 30

Decorating for Easter

With all the rain we have had it seems like April already! Hope you all are finding the time to plan for Easter! All I am planning now is a nap and it's 7:30 in the morning lol... Hope these ideas might help inspire your Easter decor!

What a beautiful alternative to a wreath!?! Stuffed full of vibrant flowers and plastic eggs - would transition from holiday to regular days so easily! You could change out the inside and the ribbon for a whole new look! Just keep it full so the postman doesn't use it for bills ;o)  Source:  Magazine: Southern Living 04.2010

Yarn eggs would look fantastic outside or in! This would be a great project to make with the kids too! Just need a few supplies - like balloons yarn and glue and you are on your way!  You could make them in half and use for a basket or candle holder, too! Source and tutorial

 I have seen this one a lot, so forgive me for posting, but I just LOVE it! How whimsical is that!?! The colors are so amazing too! Think about all the different candies you could put in to match your next occasion - just make sure you put a cup or bowl inside for the water for the flowers or you'll have a big gloppy mess!  Source found via Celebration Shoppe

If a more natural look is what you are looking for, these nesting balls would be perfect! If you look close, there are carefully blown out eggs slid into a twig ball and hung by silk ribbon.  You could cheat too and get some small plastic eggs ;o)  Great for a baby bird baby shower theme, too! Source

I loved this Easter tablescape! Don't you just want to be invited to their brunch!?!  Full of bird houses, birds and Easter eggs really makes you crave Spring!  Source

12 comments:

  1. I'm ridiculously in love with that Peeps and Jellybeans vase centerpiece! The yarn eggs are very cool:)

    kristy@ http://thepurplepug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Spring and Easter ideas, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog though another friends, and i have to say, i am SOOO glad i did! in fact, i saw said friend out this weekend and we were talking about this blog. It's one of the first things i check when i get to work. I also love the peeps centerpiece! my mom LOVES peeps. I might just have to try my hand at making one. Thanks for all the cool ideas. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my blog bffs Kristy & Jessica!

    Kait, you are too sweet! Welcome aboard! Your comment made my day ;o)

    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Midwest Living Magazine they used a old umbrella to hold tulips instead of a wreath.. thought that idea was cute.. The basket seems like it would hold more though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love them all!
    Happy Easter, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Glad i could make your day Kim! If i can make that centerpiece i will send you a picture of it. I work in fundraising and as i write this I am realizing what a great resource this could be...SOOOO i am going to put an idea in your head....

    next fundraiser I am planning: WINETASTING.
    so, if you see anything..ya know... BLOG IT

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kait... that would be awesome! What are you fundraising for? I have some wine stuff posted: http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com/search/label/wine but I always have more ;o) hit me up on email - kim.frostmeblog@gmail.com

    Brittanie - Great idea! oh now you got me thinking of how to do the umbrella for a baby shower!

    Candy & Cake - hugs!! Happy Easter to you too!

    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yarn eggs would be great touch to a summer-y outdoor party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I haven't seen the peeps and jelly beans in the vase with tulips...BRILLIANT! I love those colors. Thanks for sharing Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that hanging ball with the eggs inside. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!