Wednesday, April 21

Butterflies

I love using butterflies around for all kinds of themes.  I saw the first pic below today which inspired the theme for today... Here are a few additional finds...

I thought this was great for the day before earth day because these are up-cycled magazine photos! How adorable would these be hanging around your next party!?! And practically free to make! Source & tutorial

You can modify this one for any theme - homemade marshmallows into a shape that compliments your theme  Source and tutorial

Cupcakes that I made for a coworker's bday - didn't take a good pic, of course! But something that you can take from this is you don't have to spend time on decorating every cupcake, a few special ones will still give a great impact (inspired by hello cupcake)

 Find ways to pepper butterflies throughout your space! Let them "land" on lanterns, straws, dishes, tables, etc. Source (Martha mag, I believe - unconfirmed)

Wrap water or juice bottles in coordinating patterned paper and even add a fun tag to mach, as well! Let even everyday food and drink items add to your theme! Source

I'll end a whole lotta sweet notes! I love this dessert-scape for so many reasons - the biggest is that they used ALL the space - they thought up, down, and all around... don't be shy about using more than just the table top! Source found via Karasparty

11 comments:

  1. ooh loving those marshmallow butterflies...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH LOVE IT...there is a lot of butterfly talk around this house right now..........
    http://pretendpartyandplay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great ideas here. My daughter turns 6 in July and I am trying to come up with a theme for her party. I will have to jot some of these ideas down and keep coming back for more great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just asked to design a butterfly invitation...great inspiration! And, I'm a little freaked out that the girl in your top photo looks like me when I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love butterflies! And I had to laugh that you made those cupcakes inspired by Hello Cupcake...I made them too! They were actually my first attempt at decorating cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love butterflies so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! One of my favorite birthday parties I had when I was a kid was butterfly themed, so they've always held a special place in my heart. I like the magazine butterfly idea and the idea of butterflies "landing" everywhere is very cool. Thanks for all the sources/tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I like the magazine butterflies and the idea of all the butterflies "landing" everywhere. Thanks for the ideas and sources! What are the butterflies on top of the cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenn! That's so fantastic when you have such sweet memories! The butterflies are just melted colored chocolate - lay wax paper over a shape and use plastic bottles with melted chocolates and va-la!

    hugs
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, that's very cool, thank you. Yeah, one of my best birthday memories was when my mom threw me a butterfly-theme party. It was a ton of fun. She made a butterfly-shaped cake...well, she attempted to! But it was the thought that counted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claudia @ Tini PoshApril 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM

    Love it! Thanks for the ideas! Planning a butterfly party for a soon to be one year old..love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!