Thursday, May 6

Party food: Appetizers!

I could eat tapas style for life and never sit down to a full meal again! I never hold dinner parties, but love to hold gatherings that have tons of different food choices... plus it's a lot harder to keep track of the calories ;o) And remember, presentation is KEY!


How delicious do these mini crabcakes look sitting on a slice of lime?!? Dab a little tarter sauce, add a toothpick and make sure you save me 5 or 6 lol.... Source found via finestationary blog

How about mini egg salad sandwiches?!? You could add a long wooden tooth pick and put flag labels that say "onion" and "no onion" or whatever suits the theme! Source: Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Magazine - Spring Issue

Another way to use eggs (remember, they are cheap!) is to fancy up your deviled eggs! Slice the tippy top off, then make another slice and save it... fill the rest of the egg, put the slice back on, little more on top, va-la - now you are alllll fancy! Source: Sandra Lee Semi-homemade magazine

Speaking of low cost options - how stinking clever is this -- can't guess? It's mash potatoes! She set up a mash potato "bar" with all the toppings and served the potatoes in margarita glasses! Genius! Source

I have seen this around a lot lately and I see why because it's amazing - hello! Have you ever seen grilled cheese and tomato soup look so fantastic? You could even keep these on a hot plate to help with temp.  And why not fancy up the grill cheese with specialty cheese and maybe a great focaccia bread! Source

19 comments:

  1. I love food that is presented in neat ways like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuummmm!!!! love crab cakes and the martini glass presentation is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Especially the mashed pots idea! Im saving that one for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! That makes me hungry! I love tapas too! They are my favorite...I think because I am so indecisive...and with tapas I can have everything.

    Niki
    HTTP://entertaininstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love LOVE appetizers and am like you, I would rather eat tons of appetizers then one big meal. I like having options :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mashed potatoes in martini glasses are a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these...what clever ideas! Soooo wishing I had the crab cakes right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing! I am planning a 40th anniversary party for my in-laws and these are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, presentation is EVERYTHING! Love how the crab cakes get a whole new look with the addition of the lime...very cool! Also love the idea of a potato bar and the martini glasses give it a fun touch. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grilled cheese & tomato soup but FANCY! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv all the comments! Sounds like we need to have a party! lol

    hugs
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness I love all of these ideas. The presentation is so unique, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, small morsels are often the best way to go. I've been looking for an excuse to make the mini grilled cheese and tomato soups for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg I loooove the mash potato bar! A friend of mine had one at her wedding & it was incredible. And let me tell you, guacamole & mash potatoes are aaamazing together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been wanting to do that little tomato soup and grilled cheese forever. I keep forgetting to do it. I have a little party coming up. Maybe I'll do it then.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for tapas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all great ideas. I especially love the deviled eggs. And the grilled cheese with the little cup of tomato soup--super cute! Dinner parties are fun, but having a party and just serving tasty little appetizers is definitely the way to go if you want a more casual get together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mashed potato idea! Who doesn't like loaded mashed potatos?. . . especially when it comes in a martini glass!

    Love your blog :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!