Monday, November 8

Harry Potter Party Ideas/Inspiration - Part 1

We can't WAIT until Harry Potter comes out this month! We are going to see it at an IMAX theater - so fun! My sister is a HUGE fan, so this is dedicated to her... this is Part 1 because I have way too much great stuff to share! stay tuned for more!

Feeling over ambitious?!? How about creating the Hogwarts Express to great your guests! What a great photo op too! Source

How perfect are these Daily Prophet badges? Your guests will feel all official wearing one of these! Source

How about making official cards for each guests for what "house" they are?!? Tea stained and liter used on the edges to make them look authentic.  Source found via pocacosas

Wouldn't this be the best way to send your invites!?!? I love it! Owl Post pillow boxes are perfect! Source

Take a rectangle sheet cake, carve it just a bit and you have a magic spell book! A steady hand and you'll have the perfect ending to your party! Source



  1. Those Owl posts have been on my fave FOREVER lol!
    Did you see the goodies I made as a test run for our kddies since we arent taking them to the movie, chocolate frogs. Are you seeing the Midnight show? We will be there ALL day!

  2. I love Harry Potter! And since I can't get your email link to work, could you please do Charlotte's web inspire post!? I have a baby shower coming up in the next few weeks and I need more ideas! Thanks, love your blog!

  3. I'd love to attend a Harry Potter themed party! I'm ready with my magic wand and broom ;-)

  4. I had a wizard party for my son this summer. I felt he was a bit too young for the actual harry potter scene so we did a simpler more like sorcerer wizard party. Each child took home a "spell book" with silly spells to make brocolli taste like candy etc. We made potions with jello, pop rocks and sprite which was a big hit! Here are two links to my party

    I love all of these harry potter touches, we may have to have a harry potter party when he is a bit older!

  5. Thanks for all the feedback ladies! Glad to see I am not the only excited one!!!

    @ mommyinthemountains... what a great idea! I love seeing things modified to fit the age - fantastic!

    Kim @ Party Frosting!

  6. Got to admit it.... I'm a big Harry Potter fan too and plan to watch the movie asap in imax too! Love all the HP party inspirations!


Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!