Monday, August 22

Miscellaneous Monday!

Usually I dump a few pics from my stash here that don't really fit in a category that well... but today I HAD to share this pic I just found from my 1st birthday... today, we all have these elaborate pics of themes and tablescapes and dessert tables and paper flags...

...but in 1977, my 1st birthday - a milestone for us party throwers today...look like this! p.s. AND my mom was crafty!

Love the 2 flowers from garden and homemade cake right on the cutting board... and generic chips still in the box! That's how we used to roll people!!! 


Post your old Bday pics and put your link in the comments below!
I wanna see!!!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I am the 7th child of 7 children, you get to guess how many pictures I have. I probably had a 1st birthday cake, but it's just a guess. My mom probably doesn't remember anymore either! I think that's why I go overboard on my kids. I love to party plan and decorate and everything! My husband is the 9th of 10 kids, in their family you only had a birthday party if your actual birthday fell on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I'm going to have to dig out my first birthday picture. I'm sure it looked something similar to yours. Very 1970ish ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot less party stress then:) Same as class parties...we had punch and two cookies and we were excited and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, back then that is all it actually took!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic! I think I got my love of parties from my Mum. All 3 of our birthdays were within a few weeks of each other and 'party time' of year was always my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!