Tuesday, May 1

Kentucky Derby Party Ideas/Inspiration

We are hosting a Kentucky Derby cook-out on Friday at work...doubt I will have energy during the week to pull off anythign too cute to bring, but maybe I'll change my mind ;o)  Figured at the very least, I will wear a really big brimmed hat ;o)

Definitely need to have roses and horses! Pick up some inexpensive horses and surround with roses for a perfect centerpiece! Source and tutorial


Purchase Dollar Store horses, spray paint and add a paper rose!  Source and tutorial


 
 If you want to go a little more playful... these cookie "horses" are genius! You could stash this one for a Barn party, too! Source and tutorial




You can't have a derby party without fancy hats! These marshmallow and cookie hats would be a great way to end the evening! Source and tutorial


















 Photobucket
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're having fun at the cookout today! I hope you did wear your hat! TOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee, you featured Party Pinching! Creative candy goddess and my fellow NW party gal friend. Woo Hoo!!! Oh you KNOW you'll do something for you work, how can you not party girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!