Wednesday, January 27

Dinosaurs

I came across the cutest cake today so I wanted to put together Dinosaurs theme post so I could pass him along! I know you'll fall in love with him too!!!

First set up a great party with theme items like hats and safety glasses so they feel like real archaeologists!  Brown postal wrapping paper would be a great tablecloth and find a few dinosaur stamps and stamp feet prints and fossils all over it - something you kid can help you do in preparing for their party!  Maybe even create little name tags in plastic holders (like you wear at a conference) for each child with their name and title of "archaeologist". Source

You can find a recipe for making your own "dig" material at this site



Create fun dinosaur fossil shortbread cookies by using toy dinosaurs as imprinters... plus you'll be able to use the dinosaurs as decorations afterward!  You could even dip the cookie backside down into melted chocolate to have it look like dirt and give it more dimension.  Source found via Edible Craft website

Homemade dinosaur eggs would be a great addition to the party! You can make this with or without dinosaur figures inside. Source and recipe (thanks www.mypartyfile.com for letting me know! Your eggs are too cute!!)
Ok, I am a sucker for cake... but tell me you don't love him too!?!?! If you break it down, he really isn't overly complicated and I LOVE LOVE the mini cupcakes with the eggs on them! I am going to do a graduation cake this weekend and was thinking to do the same model - one show piece cake and then a ton of mini cupcakes - that way my hard work gets to last longer lol...  Source

15 comments:

  1. I loved the Brunch post - great ideas for the morning after a sleepover!

    It was a lovely surprise to find my homemade dinosaur eggs featured on your site - thank-you! The link for the eggs is www.mypartyfile.com/blog/?p=884

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy!!!! I fixed the link - I felt so bad for forgetting to save the URL with the pic :o( The eggs are awesome!! Thanks again for letting me know!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! I am having a dino part in 4 days and I would really like to use some of these ideas but none of the source links are working??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you are having trouble! It looks like some of the sites I had originally got them from no longer exist :o( is there something in particular I can help with?

      hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

      Delete
  4. I love LOVE love your dinosaur egg cupcakes, can you please tell me how I can frost my cupcakes like that?

    Thanks sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are darling aren't they?! Super simple... use brown icing (add brown gel food coloring to white) then use grass decorating tip #233 to create the "nests". Here's a video I found that might help! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un9YV5tjog4

      hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

      Delete
    2. OMG! Thank you so much…I was worried I wouldn't be able to pull this off.

      Delete
    3. you are welcome! And the more random and un-perfect they are, I bet the better they will look - best of luck! hugs!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kim! My little man is turning 1 this april and I would like to bake the dinosuar cake featured here for the party :) May i have the step-by-step recipe for it? I am so sorry to trouble you but i am a rookie in baking, fondant decoration etc...

    will be attempting to bake the nest cupcakes too. thanks for the youtube link! what do i use for the egg? m&m's??

    thanks once again! with lotsa love from singapore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rachel! The pic is featuring someone else's party... however, by luck I just happen to have the cookbook she must have used! click here for the cookbook. Hope this helps!


      As for the eggs... I would suggest just shopping Easter candy aisle, look for peanut M&Ms or other egg candy that would be a good size.

      hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kim for the super prompt reply! SADLY i cannot access the link! It says page not found when i click on it?!?! If emailing instead would help please send it to fong.rach@gmail.com

      I am really wanting to bake this Dino very much!

      Meanwhile, much love for you :)

      Delete
  6. The dinosaur cake is from Debbie Brown's book, 50 Easy Party Cakes

    http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Party-Cakes-Debbie-Brown/dp/1853918555/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331233797&sr=1-1

    I made the same one for my son's dino birthday!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Your minute card is just beautiful -- and what a pleasant present. Any kind of girl could be excited to obtain this kind of.
    Thanks for an individual ideas.
    guild wars 2 key



    RS gold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!