Monday, March 15

Budget Baby Shower Photos!

I was rushing to finish when everyone was arriving early - so I didn't get a lot of pics and the ones I got weren't very good :o( ... but here's a little flavor of some of the elements for a Baby Shower I did this weekend - done on a tight budget...  I did not attend the shower, so no action shots ;o)


I loved these topiary - it took me 4 hours a piece! They are 2 kinds of pink and 1 white tissue paper rolled up like spit balls ;o)  I wouldn't recommend unless you have lots of time or child labor rofl... I almost loved them enough to want to do it again ;o)  Basket in the middle had baby feet cookie favors (see below) and to the right were 3 prize boxes filled with cake balls (crumble cake, mush in icing, freeze, dip in chocolate, enjoy! YUM!)

Just printed out "BABY" and hung clothes in between - classic baby shower clothesline


Cut out circles to spell "WELCOME BABY" & glued crepe paper all around in a ruffle format - was going to be strung together, but no where to hang, so we put one letter on each cabinet (turned out perfect 1 for each door)



Made Chrystal Light instant pack holders for the water bottles - would like to have adorn them more, but budget, budget!!

"Bun in the oven game".... Took a new approach to an old game...Made a paper doll "corsage" for each guest.  The one of the left is for the "Mommy to be" she was all glittered up - the one on the right was for all the guests says "She's Expecting".  At the end of the party, the guests lifted the dress to see which one said "bun in the oven" (I had stamped it on one of the girl's tummy.

Took plain white dollar store napkins and hand stamped each one.  On smaller pink ones (not pictured) I stamped diaper pins around the border

Since we had a small budget - decided doing a "guess that price" game would have to be on a print out... I alternated the pictures with statistics of how much it cost to raise a baby each year - avg spent on diapers, formula, child care, etc... leading slide said "GOSH! Babies are EXPENSIVE" lol

I made 1-5 numbering cards to put in front of pink plastic baby food tupperware filled with 5 different baby foods - to do the guess this baby food game (ew! lol)


My first ever time icing cookies! I did baby feet - I didn't get a good picture of what they looked like wrapped, so to the left is just in plastic, and to the right is what the top of the wrapping looked like afterwards lol... I did a baby bottle punch for the hole for the ribbon and it said "Thank you for joining us! Susan's Baby Shower 3.14.10"



And my favorite.... made little babies peeking out from under blankets

27 comments:

  1. Cute shower!! I love the baby feet cookies and the cupcakes too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! How did you come up with the paper doll corsage? And where/ how did you get the waterbottle Crystal Light holder? Overall 2 thumbs up for the shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I especially love the little baby feet cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job. I don't think you can tell it was on a tight budget. Those topiaries are gorgeous but my favorites are those little feet cookis and the babies under the blanket cupcakes (how could you eat them?)
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks everyone!!!

    @ Anonymous - I made the tags myself - paper cutter, hole punches, embosser, glue and vellum - I would have love to really do them up but I was trying to just use leftover material to save $. I saw people doing the "stuffed" dress corsages out of felt and thought maybe I could do a different take on the same game.

    @ Kristina I have a hard time eating anything I make (and not cause it doesn't taste good lol) but I get so attached to them like little personalities! lol

    Thanks again for all your kind feedback!

    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cookies and cupcakes!!! great job - i just did a baby shower this weekend on a tight budget at well... it was a challenge but really fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I came to thank you for the cute message you left days ago in my blog. I regret not coming earlier because your craft is the cutest thing! Loved it all!
    I am already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jackie! I would love to see pics!

    Baby feet were inspired by http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34484961, they are way better! But it was my first time icing cookies ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Save the date! and

    Elaine, welcome aboard! and thanks! Make sure you enter for the contest! (posted last thursday)

    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clothes line...Cute Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it all. AMAZED by with what you whipped up on a tiny budget. Adore the baby feet and of course the topiaries;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The topiaries are adorable, and I love the boxes with the prizes in them. Where are the boxes from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jenifer! The boxes are made with my Cricut - I usually bedazzle more, but they were last min! (literally lol)

    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your rad blog, girl! Thanks for your sweet comments and now I'm going to go continue clicking around here. You creative thing, you!
    Oh! And those topiaries...I have been wanting to do some with fabric. But these. How simple! You inspire me. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those feet cookies and of course, those adorable cupcakes. Almost too sweet to eat...but not quite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful ideas. Everything is so beautiful!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. you did such a great job! beautiful! the topiaries remind me of a bridal shower i threw last spring where i *tried* to do something similar but was only able to manage it for the placecard table rather than the centerpieces. it was a candy-themed shower and turned out "sweet" in the end...take a look!

    http://honeyliving.blogspot.com/2009/05/sweet-lessons-learned.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those topiaries.. worth the time. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cupcakes are so cute! And I really like the topiaries!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute! Don't know if I could actually eat those cakes with the babies! Too cute to eat them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!