Thursday, May 20

BBQ Party Ideas

I can't wait to finish my dang backyard retaining wall/sitting area project so I can have a BBQ! BBQs are so much fun because you can keep the food simple and fast!  Here are a few fun ideas to frost your next BBQ!

 Why not do a silly invite! Cut out shapes of food and put them on a kabob skewer! You could also do one that looked like BBQ sauce or a BBQ grill - get creative! Source

Why not use cucumbers as vases?  Core out the insides and use a peeler to create a pattern on the outside! Add a ribbon or decorative touch and you have a unique centerpiece! Cut a few at different heights and cluster them for a more dramatic look or use squash, eggplant, etc to add some color! Source and tutorial found via accenttheparty blog.

Get a matching napkin weight! We all need something to hold them down! They come in so many different styles these days and make a great hostess gift!
Source
You could make this easy DIY plastic grill to use as a prop, extra serving or just for the kids to play on! Source and tutorial

Are these not fantastic?!? Little aprons for bottles with a little straw holder! I am not sure I have the patience, but these would be so cute! You could modify to do ballerina, princess, farmer (etc) ones to match your next party theme! Source and tutorial

These are CUPCAKES!!!! How fun are these?!? Topped with jellybeans these would make adorable desserts for your next BBQ!  From Hello, Cupcake book pg 24

17 comments:

  1. Love the ideas!! The kabobs are one that we actually sold last year in my business with Stampin' Up!!

    Those cupcakes are soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas but I am loving and will definitely try the corn cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you call it a "BBQ." Around here, everyone calls it a "cookout," but my California roots say, "BBQ!" Of course, my hubs points out that when you cook indoors no one says, "I'm having a stove."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bottle aprons!! Now you've got me wanting a cookout too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny - wonder how many people say BBQ vs cookout? Either way, I think I am craving some coleslaw! thanks for all the comments ladies!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those corn cupcakes are adorable! Oh, and for the record...I saw BBQ but I'm from MA so that's probably why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cucumber vase is awesome! I bet you could do something similar (and larger) with a watermelon. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cucumber vase but those cupcakes...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottle aprons look the ones we made years ago (back in the day :) for our dish washing soap to cover the ugly bottles as they sat on your counters. For a part these would be cute cut out in felt with rick or rib sewn on for the ties and your guest names spelled out with a sharpie...hope this helps, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is THE most adorable invite I've ever seen! Such a cute idea.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great ideas ladies! Thanks for all the comments!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to find excellent writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!
    Here is my web blog - affiliate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saved as a favorite, I really like your web site!
    my website :: how to get a summer job

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find out more details.

    Also visit my website - play slots on mobile

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due
    to no back up. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?


    Also visit my website ... easy way to make money online

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great
    blog like this one nowadays.

    Here is my homepage work online from home
    My web page > great ways to make extra money

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    my homepage ... best way to earn money onlinetop work at home jobs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!