Friday, May 28

Memorial Day Party!

I think before we get into the fun, we should all remember what Memorial Day is.... beyond a day off of work and stuffing our faces with fantastic BBQ!....

Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War), it was expanded after World War I. (wikipedia.org)

 You all must know by now my strong obsession with kabobs! I love how they put some fun touches on the ends! Just use a round hole punch and glue two circles together on the end! Source


Pop Rock cookies! How silly would these be (you know, the candy that "pops/crackles" in your mouth when you eat it?  Cookie edges are covered in pop rock and sprinkles... yum!  Source and tutorial

 I've seen a lot of dipped strawberries, but the ones done as a loose interpretation of a flag are my favs! (thanks Brittanie for the find!) Source




And lastly, pay tribute to those who have and do serve with these cookies! yum! Source and tutorial

You could also incorporate some of the BBQ/Cookout Party ideas!






9 comments:

  1. I bet the kids would really love those pop rock cookies. I on the other hand, would love those strawberries!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do I love those strawberries? Have fun this weekend Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...those poprock cookies!?!? TOO cute! I can see my husband fighting our kids for the last one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Joanne, thanks for all your feedback! I think I want both the cookies AND the strawberries lol

    @ Jessica, I say we make a few!

    @ Staci - your cookies came out so cute! save me one!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the dipped strawberries too! So festive and fun! I plan to make them for the 4th! :) Have a wonderful memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...missed the boat for Memorial Day but Pop Rock Cookies are on the list for the 4th! The kids will go nuts...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally didn't make anything for memorial day so these are on my to dos for the 4th too!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen those chocolate dipped strawberries everywhere and I LOVE THEM!!

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv! I enjoy reading everyone's messages! Make sure to leave email address if you need a reply! hugs!